WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, OR LEASE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Please send us an electronic message through our Website Feedback/Submission form: or
- Write us a Web Privacy Inquiries Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.), 601 California Street Suite 1700, San Francisco, CA 94108
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) collects and uses your personal information to operate the Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) Website and deliver the services you have requested. Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) may use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) and its affiliates. Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.), and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) keeps track of the Websites and pages our customers visit within Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.), in order to determine what Ishihara Corporation U.S.A. services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) or the Website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.); and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) or the public.
The Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) Website uses a third party to collect statistics on Website use. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) pages, or register with Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) Website or services, a cookie helps Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) services or Websites you visit.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Although this Website may provide links to third party sites, Ishihara Corporation U.S.A. is not responsible for the content of any such Website. Links are provided as a convenience to viewers, and they shall not be interpreted as an endorsement, sponsorship, or association of any kind.
Our Website is not directed at children and we do not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Website, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our Website database.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VISITORS
JURISDICTION AND CHOICE OF LAW
These terms and all claims related to this Website shall be interpreted and reviewed under the laws of the United States and the State of California. Any claim arising in connection with these terms or this Website must be commenced within one (1) year after such claim arises. Any legal action must be brought only in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California, and you agree to submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES OR ACCESS OR CHANGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months: Category A: Identifiers Examples: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers. Collected: YES Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Examples: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories. Collected: YES Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). Collected: NOPersonal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Directly from you.
- For example, from forms you complete on our Website, such as the Feedback/Submission form.
- Indirectly from you.
- For example, from observing your actions on our Website, such as your Internet Protocol address.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request information or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSEIn the preceding twelve (12) months, Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONIn the preceding twelve (12) months, Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.) has not sold personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICESThe CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
ACCESS TO SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND DATA PORTABILITY RIGHTSYou have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a lists identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTSYou have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTSTo exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us an electronic message through our Website Feedback/Submission form. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMATWe endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to [45/90] days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request
NON-DISCRIMINATIONWe will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICEWe reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Please send us an electronic message through our Website Feedback/Submission form; or
- Write us at Web Privacy Inquiries Ishihara Corporation (U.S.A.), 601 California Street Suite 1700, San Francisco, CA 94108.